IT SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Are you ready for your next challenge? Are you open to learning new technologies? Do you get excited knowing you’re helping your customers succeed? If you answered “yes”, we’d love to hear from you!
At Association Technologies we provide a wide spectrum of technology solutions for small and not-for-profit businesses that enable them to run their businesses more efficiently. Our small company offers a highly energetic and dynamic environment where you will work closely with our clients and your fellow consultants.
The IT Support Specialist will be part of a team that supports over 1,000 devices managed in our hosting facilities and at customer locations. This position works with the deployment of workstations and cloud services, troubleshooting workstations with taught diagnostics and tools. In addition, the individual will grow their technical skillset, and crafting their communication and organization skills in a supportive environment that promotes collaboration and education. We currently work with the following technologies: Windows 10, Office 365, Azure, Remote Management & Monitoring services, Security services, Dropbox, Active Directory, VoIP, Wi-Fi, Mac OS, backup software, and more!
- Answer IT helpdesk calls and e-mails, providing solutions and escalate requests and problems as needed.
- Complete tickets for Helpdesk inquiries and follow-up to ensure tickets are updated and acknowledged to the point of verifying completion and closing them out.
- Identify technology-based problems and their root causes. Take responsibility for timely resolution, troubleshooting and repair using proven tools, resources and documented processes.
Our office is located in West Chicago, IL. Consulting services are performed at our office or on-site at the clients’ location within the greater Chicago area.
- No professional experience required.
- Passion for IT and a desire to learn new technologies and tools.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational talents to manage multiple projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Physical requirements: ability to lift, carry, or move light hardware, up to 40 lbs. for delivery and installation purposes.
- Eligible to work in the United States.
- Experience in Information Technology industry.
- 1-2 years of experience in IT troubleshooting and supporting computer, networking, or server infrastructure
- 1 year of supporting Office 365 management and Windows 10 in a business environment.
- 1 year of networking skills such as IP, Wi-Fi, firewalls, and VPNs
- Desired Technical Skills: PC/Mac, Printing, and End-user Application Support
- 1 year of Managed Service Provider experience
- Experience with a PSA (ConnectWise suite)
- Knowledge and experience in cabling, ISP Installation, WLAN, Antivirus, Mobile Devices, Email, basic networking, and server support
- High school diploma required
- Associates Degree or Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other engineering field or equivalent combination of education and related experience in the Information Technology field.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Opportunities to learn new technology
- A diversity of projects, clients, work locations
- Business automation tools to help you stay organized and connected
- Casual or business casual attire at our office and clients’ sites
- Competitive benefits package including 401K and a generous vacation plan
- In-house Friday communication meetings
- Tasty summer grilling cookouts!
Come grow with us! To apply, please email email@example.com.
Association Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer